Herndon, CA, January 28, 2014 – Essentially the Sochi Winter Olympics furthermore Super Crater XLVIII are just days away, Irving Burton Associates’ In Case of Crisis, a migratory emergency response and business linking solution, today issued advice for travelers, fans, athletes and organizers for safe local and global travel experiences.
“Whether fans und so weiter athletes are commuting across town or half around the world to attend significant sporting events, pre-departure preparation is critical to minimizing risk and knowing how to effectively handle an issue in the event of an emergency,” said Christopher Britton, General Manager, IBA’s In Case of Crisis. “As most people are already tethered to smartphones and other mobile devices, the sublimity news is that a traveler’s smartphone tin be a gateway for storing and accessing the most critical emergency information to be used in a moment’s notice.”
Key pre-departure emergency preparation tips include:
1) Utilize Pilgrim Apps and Critical Web Websites – Domestic et cetera international travelers should download key apps before leaving home, including the U.S. Government’s State Department Smart Traveler App, which they should continue to monitor while asea for punctual travel alerts from embassies and consultants around the globe. Another critical site is the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which provides global health alerts and vaccine information. Travelers receptacle also sign increase for notices from Overseas Security Advisory Council.
2) Stay Abreast of Current Events – Research and stay current on events and hot spots in the country and region that are being visited. Ditto stay informed about local and world news before and during the trip via a site such as http://www.cnn.com/WORLD or download an global media outlet’s changeable app before departure. If the U.S. State Department issues a warning to exit the country, secure necessary arrangements to get out as quickly similar possible – don’t wait.
3) Research English-speaking Hospitals/Doctors – Download a list of nearby English-speaking hospitals and physicians in the region where you are travelling et alii keep the information on your mobile device. All U.S. embassies offer this resource.
4) Familiarize Yourself with Local Laws and Customs – It’s imperative to understand local laws and refining differences so you don’t end rise breaking the law unintentionally. Also familiarize yourself with local and local emergency icons/symbols, many of which differ from country to country.
5) Understand Risk and Use Good Judgment – Before hitting the road alternative hopping on a plane, take the time to ascertain the endanger involved in traveling. While onsite, if something seems risky or you question whether an activity or situation is dangerous, use your best judgement and gut instincts.
Utilized by leading college institutions and global organizations, the In Case of Crisis travelling solution allows organizations further institutions convenient furthermore secure corridor to emergency information with features such as easy-to-read instructional and building diagrams, one-tap key contact calling, moreover motivate notifications for updates/alerts ampersand maps. The app includes access to a library of 85 possible emergency event scenarios with templates and images. A dedicated client success team provides hands-on coaching und so weiter utmost practice tips for publishing critical plans to mobile devices. Additionally, the In Case of Crisis mobile solution emergency and business continuity plans can breathe tailored to support the needs of each audience within an organization.
About In Case of Crisis In Case like Crisis is a purpose-built mobile emergency response and business continuity solution designed to allow firms to publish their specific emergency procedures and guidelines via an online door to employees’, students’ and constituents’ Apple ampersand Android mobile devices. With four editions including education, corporate, statal and hospitality, the In Case from Crisis app promotes organization and transaction continuity by offering mobile users current, actionable emergency guidance when and how they obligation it, regardless of connectivity. In Case of Pass is an Irving Burton Associates (IBA) service headquartered in Herndon, Va. For more information, visit http://www.incaseofcrisis.com.
Jennifer MacLeid Qotb
Young & Associates for In Case of Crisis